Today I’m releasing an update to Dot Dash. It introduces a lot of improvements, tweaks, and new features. Here’s a full list of changes:
- Added music! The music will speed up as your score increases.
- Added orange dots! Orange dots will explode when shot, killing enemies in a radius around them. The player is not damaged by the explosion.
- Added score pips! A little +1 will appear when killing enemies, and a +10 will appear when collecting a coin.
- Added the option to change your laser colour.
- Increased rate of fire of laser and adjusted speed scaling.
- Increased rate of spawn of dots and adjusted spawn rate scaling.
- Changed the lives icon.
- Made shooting feel snappier.
You can play Dot Dash in your browser, or download it for Windows and Mac here: https://makemake.itch.io/dot-dash
Dot Dash has been released on itch.io! It is available to play in your browser, or to download on Windows and Mac.
In Dot Dash, you must survive for as long as possible while dodging and shooting an oncoming horde of dots. The higher your score, the faster you shoot.
Check it out for free here.
The game is now close to the finish line, here’s a list of features since we last updated:
- Added ‘Canyon’ map.
- Fixed scoreboard.
- Renamed tesla to taser.
- Decreased size and hitbox of Death Ray.
- UI adjustments and fixes.
- Fix for flamethrower and shotgun particle collisions.
- Increase shotgun range.
- Minor muzzle flash effect changes.
- Changed physics timestamp to 0.01 (this may be reverted for performance reasons).
- Changed the reticle to look cooler.
- Many many many bug fixes, both big and small.
- Fix for flamethrower.
- Added functionality to volume slider.
- Adjustments to ammo counter to add clarity.
- Adjustments to health and boost bar colours.
- Adjustments to damage buff particle effect.
After a brief hiatus in development, we’re back at it with some features:
- Debris physics modifications.
- Menu now has a blank background when on the lowest graphics setting.
- Bug fixes for matrix.
- Added key controls for arrow keys.
- Added pause menu.
- Can now adjust camera effect settings.
- Added skin selection and team selection upon joining a server.
- Added game timer and score.
- Players now drop a weapon token upon death.
- Added FFA and Teams modes.